Application Deadline | February 1, 2018 11:59 PM
ONLY COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WITH ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION WILL BE CONSIDERED.
ALL ORGANIZATIONS MUST APPLY EVERY YEAR TO BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE DONATIONS FROM THE UFCC.
APPLICATION FOR PARTICIPATION CHECKLIST
To be eligible for inclusion in the 2018 University of Florida Campaign for Charities, applications must be complete with all required documentation submitted.
Please download the following worksheet for Criterion #12: UFCC Worksheet 2018
Checklist of requirements:
- Agency and Contact information| Criterion #1-5
- State of Florida Division of Corporations Registration | Criterion #6
- IRS 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt ruling letter | Criterion #7
- Florida Department of Revenue tax exempt certificate | Criterion #8
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs document showing registration # OR document supporting exemption under Chapter 496, Florida Statutes | Criterion #9
- Agency budget for current fiscal year (FY 2016-2017) | Criterion #10
- Board of Directors Roster | Criterion #11
- Documentation of expenditures, programs, & number of people served in Alachua County Region (in the worksheet available above) | Criterion #12
- Written policy of non-discrimination and affirmation action | Criterion #13
- IRS Form 990 OR IRS Form 990EZ plus pages, 1,7,8 9, 10 and 11 of IRS Form 990 | Criterion #14
- Documentation showing how percentage of management, general, and fundraising costs were derived using formulas provided and all appropriate supporting documentation | Criterion #15
- Application is complete, signed, and dated by February 1, 2018 at 11:59 pm.
To serve the best interests of the University of Florida and the community, one combined fund-raising drive for its Alachua County campus, known as the University of Florida Campaign for Charities (UFCC) has been established. The campaign will be open to all University employees employed in Alachua County who wish to participate and will be held annually each fall. Payroll deductions may be utilized in fulfillment of pledges or promised contributions to the UFCC.
A Planning Committee is responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of procedures and standards by which the campaign shall be conducted and shall have the responsibility of amending those procedures and standards.
Below is the application form for use in applying for eligibility in the 2018 UF Campaign for Charities. The use of this form is mandatory for all applications for the UFCC. It is suggested that any additional information that may be pertinent to the questions asked be attached as supplementary documentation, if necessary. All questions must be answered and all required supporting documentation included to be considered for eligibility in the UFCC.
Upon request of an organization wishing to participate, the committee will provide a copy of these procedures and an application form. All application materials and proceedings are subject to the Florida Public Records and Sunshine Laws.
The Planning Committee will review all applications by March 2018. Organizations may expect to be notified of the decision of the committee on their applications no later than May 2018. Organizations will have ten days from the receipt of notification to file an appeal.
All organizations that apply for inclusion in the UFCC and are found ineligible have one and only one appeal to the Planning Committee. In the appeal, the organization may present additional information on its behalf. Appellants should insure that their appeals are complete and responsive to the actual reasons for the original adverse recommendation. The Planning Committee will only consider the specific reasons for denial of an organization’s application. The recommendation of the committee and the President’s decision following this hearing shall be final. All such hearings and final decisions on the applicants will be completed by early June, 2018.
REVOCATION OF APPROVAL
The Planning Committee may revoke approval to participate in the Campaign at any time in the event that the organization violates a policy or rule of the University of Florida concerning the Campaign, or false or misleading information is submitted to the University at the time of application for admission to the Campaign or pursuant to any subsequent request by the University.
The fiscal agent for the UFCC shall be an organization that has the experience, expertise, and resources to conduct and coordinate a local community campaign in Alachua County. The Planning Committee has selected United Way of North Central Florida as the fiscal agent for the 2018 UF Campaign for Charities.
DISBURSEMENT OF FUNDS
The University will forward to the fiscal agent, on a biweekly schedule, a warrant in payment of employee pledges for that period. The fiscal agent will forward the earned funds to each agency minus campaign administrative costs and each agency’s percentage share of the campaign undesignated pledges.
Contributions to the UFCC that are not designated to a specific agency are distributed by the campaign based on the percentage of designated funds given to each agency.
If an agency is part of a federation, the federation is given the funds for distribution according to their federation agreements.
2018 UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA CAMPAIGN FOR CHARITIES (UFCC) APPLICATION FOR PARTICIPATION
To be eligible for inclusion in the 2018 University of Florida Campaign for Charities, the following up-to-date documentation shall be required (out-of-date or expired documents will not be accepted):
- Please complete this application and provide the required documentation in accordance with instructions contained in the 2018 UFCC Governing Procedures.
- The application and all required documentation must be completed and submitted to the Planning Committee by February 1, 2018, to be considered for inclusion in the campaign.
- All organizations must apply every year to be eligible to receive donations from the UFCC. All required documentation must be submitted as requested. Failure to submit documentation will result in denial. Failure to meet all specified criteria will result in denial.
- Please note, there is NO save function with this form. Have all responses and documentation prepared before starting the application,
- Please name all of your uploaded attachments as the number they identify with. For example the first attachment is proof of registration with Florida Division of Corporations which is number 6 on the list. Thus, you can title the document #6.